The property is entered through a door in an open porch, into a small hall, with strairs leading to the first floor, and doors leading to the lounge and kitchen. The Lounge is a large room, with leaded windows to the front and side of the property. The kitchen is a small room, with understair store cupboard off, and has a door to what was the scullery and pantry.
The stairs lead to a half-landing, from which the bathroom is accessed, with further stairs to the first floor; the landing has doors to a bedroom over the Kitchen and scullery; and 2 bedrooms - one large and one small - over the lounge.
The road on which it lies contained a small number of large Victorian and Edwardian properties prior to its construction (however, the road runs across a cross-roads, and is renamed. This street contains a row of small terraced houses, mostly constructed for factory workers). The building firm that bought this land also constructed other properties within close proximity at around the same time, although a search of the trade directories and census data indicates this property was inhabited by the brother of the builder.
This may explain why the property seemingly took sometime to construct: land was purchased in 1923, and oral testimony (second-hand from occupant as a boy in the 1930s, via owner) indicates that the building was not occupied until 1930. However, trade directories indicate no evidence for its construction before 1933. This may correspond with the birth of the first son of the married couple who came to occupy the building until (current evidence suggests) the mid 1990s.
Side views (east and west), with 1990s extension visible on right side of right hand picture